Senior Associate, Program Evaluator
DPRA Canada (DPRA) is a dynamic employee-owned company seeking exceptional people to join our consulting team. DPRA provides professional business consulting services to public and private sector clients in the areas of program evaluation, organizational effectiveness, public policy and legislative review and guidance, applied health and social research, socio-economic assessment, and consultation and engagement.
The Program Evaluator leads, manages and participates in program evaluations for a wide range of government organizations, private business, NGOs and communities. This position is also responsible for assisting with continuing to grow the Program Evaluation Practice Area.
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in Evaluation, Social Sciences, Statistics, Health Science, Education, or related discipline.
- Credentialed Evaluator with the Canadian Evaluation Society an asset.
- 7-10 years’ experience working as a Program Evaluator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program evaluation and performance management theories, principles, models and related systems/technologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing program logic models, designing evaluation plans (inclusive of evaluation matrices, performance metrics, and evaluation instruments), conducting multi-method data collection and qualitative and quantitative analysis, and preparing evaluation reports and presentations.
- Evidence of experience conducting evaluations of varying scope: single and multiple sites; national, provincial, territorial, regional and community level; and small and large budgets.
- Extensive experience using various applications to manage, analyze and report on evaluation findings (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT; NVivo, SPSS).
- Considerable experience managing concurrent projects utilizing excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with evaluation team members and external consultants.
- Extensive experience working with diverse and/or disadvantaged populations and evaluating sensitive and/or complex programs.
- Experience working in a northern and Indigenous context is an asset.
- Strong analytic, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
The successful candidate:
- Leads the Program Evaluation Practice Area.
- Strategically builds the Program Evaluation Practice Area through on-going business development activities.
- Meets identified annual financial business development targets.
- Supports government departments/agencies/corporations, non-government organizations and communities with evaluation design, management, implementation, analysis, and development of actionable findings and reports that address client needs.
- Establishes and maintains a framework and standards for program evaluation in collaboration with other program evaluators within DPRA Canada.
- Specific Program Evaluation Functions
- Scopes and leads the development of evaluation frameworks, including logic models and evaluation matrices.
- In collaboration with the Client and DPRA staff, plans and manages/coordinates all aspects of program evaluations, including methods design, data collection, data analysis (including data entry, cleaning, manipulation, and quantitative and qualitative analysis), interpretation and reporting.
- Evaluates strategies and programs with respect to relevance, processes, effectiveness/performance, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Determines program performance measures through the use of theories, statistical and mathematical models, and program evaluation techniques.
- Designs and tests qualitative and quantitative research strategies, methods and tools.
- Implements data collection (through document reviews, jurisdictional/best practice reviews, interviews, focus groups, surveys, expert panels and community case studies).
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and integrity of data, by reviewing evaluation methodologies used in the generation of program evaluation statistics, and identifies and resolves issues.
- Conducts data analysis and design of output/visualizations to enhance value.
- Summarizes findings in written reports and presentations.
- Prepares comprehensive reports documenting finding, conclusions, and evidence-based recommendations.
- Presents evaluation reports to a range of key stakeholders, including Senior Management (e.g., Deputy Ministers, Executive Directors, Directors), Program staff and the general public to gather feedback on program evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Provides mentorship and performance coaching for the Program Evaluation team members.
- Keeps program evaluation knowledge, skills and abilities current and identifies new and innovative evaluation techniques.
DPRA offers a competitive salary and benefits package with the potential for share ownership and profit sharing.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume quoting the appropriate position title to Sabrina.Aliverti@dpra.ca by April 15th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. To learn more about DPRA, please visit our website at www.dpra.ca.